3 YEAR PREMIUM HARDWARE FAILURE & ACCIDENTAL DAMAGE COVER ON CHROMEBOOKS
This Policy is underwritten and issued by TSA Tech Limited (the Service Provider) 120 Albert Street, Auckland New Zealand, Tel: 093755222, email: [email protected] tsatech.co.nz. In this Policy Wording, the Service Provider is called ‘We’, ‘Us’, ‘Our’.
Some words have a special meaning in this Policy. These words are listed below.
Accidental Damage: means the unintentional physical damage to property causing the impairment of use.
Cover: means the protection provided by the Policy.
Cancellation Fee: means $59 NZD fee (including GST) charged at the time of cancellation.
Chromebook: means a laptop or tablet running the Linux-based Chrome OS as its operating system. The devices are primarily used to perform a variety of tasks using the Google Chrome browser, with most applications and data residing in the cloud rather than on the machine itself. Some Chromebooks can also run Android apps.
Excess: means $89 NZD fee (including GST) that you have to pay each time You make a claim. The applicable Excess is specified on Your Policy Schedule.
Hardware: means electronic components of the Covered Product, excluding any accessories such as power adapters and batteries.
Hardware Failure: means the electronic component problems with the operation or functionality of the Covered Product as a result of normal usage within manufacturer’s recommendations. Excluded problems caused by software fault or manufacture original design flaw.
Insured: means the person or entity who purchases this Policy and as specified on the Policy Schedule.
Original Purchase Price: means the purchase price of Your Product specified on the tax invoice, inclusive of GST but does not include any additional accessories or sundries.
Period of Cover: means the period of Cover as stated on the Policy Schedule.
Policy: means this Premium Hardware Failure & Accidental Damage Cover.
Policy Schedule: refers to the document provided to You by Us which confirms the Cover You have purchased and includes any written amendments to the terms of this Policy that may apply to You.
Policy Wording: means the terms, conditions and exclusions outlined in this document that explains the coverage of Your Policy.
Product: means the Chromebook device listed in Your Policy Schedule.
Replacement Product: means a product that We supply You with in the event of an accepted claim that warrants a replacement. The product will be equivalent to the original Product listed in Your Policy Schedule.
Secured Location: means the Product is stored out of sight in a location with appropriate security measures in place to prevent unauthorised access to the location and to safeguard the Product.
Total Loss: Your Product will be deemed a Total Loss when We consider it uneconomical to repair the insured Product or when repair costs exceed the Original Purchase Price.
Unattended: means, not being attended to, looked after, or watched. Lacking a caretaker.
Unrestricted Access: means the ability to enter or exit with no restriction i.e. unlocked premises.
User/s: means a person who with Your approval will be the primary user of the Product.
Violent and Forcible Entry: means evidence of visible damage at the point of entry.
We, Us, Our: means the Service Provider, TSA Tech Limited.
Wear and Tear: means problems with the operation or functionality of the Covered Product as a result of normal usage within manufacturer’s recommendations.
You, Your: means the Insured as listed on the Policy Schedule or authorised User.
Please Note: Premium Hardware Failure & Accidental Damage Cover is only available when purchased the Chromebook Products.
Protection Cover will need to be purchased for each Product You wish to protect. Where You wish to purchase Premium Hardware Failure & Accidental Damage Cover after purchasing Your Product. When Premium Hardware Failure & Accidental Damage Cover is purchased for a Product, the Original Purchase Price of the individual Product must not exceed $1,000.
FEATURES AND BENEFITS OF THE POLICY
The Policy is a Cover Policy with the following significant features and benefits:
- Premium Hardware Failure & Accidental Damage Cover
If the insured Product suffers Accidental Damage or Hardware Failure problems, during the Period of Cover, We will repair or replace the Product subject to the applicable Excess, Policy terms and conditions. The decision to repair or replace the unit lies solely with Us. If the Product is repaired, it may be repaired with new or used parts. Any replaced part/s will have the same functionality as the original part/s. If We decide that the Product needs to be replaced, then We will provide a Replacement Product that may be new or reconditioned. The Replacement Product will have the same functionality as, or higher specification than the original Product. The Replacement Product may not be the same brand as the original Product. The maximum value of all Your claims (net of Excesses) cannot exceed the Original Purchase Price of the Product.
PERIOD OF COVER
The Cover periods available to You are three years.
You should be aware of the following risks associated with the Policy:
- Disclosure Obligations: Failure to comply with disclosure obligations may have consequences in relation to the Cover being provided or may affect a claim being paid. These consequences are outlined under ‘Your Duty of Disclosure’ in the Policy Wording.
- Policy Coverage: Our liability under this Policy is excluded in certain circumstances and We will not be liable for any claim if the following occurs:
• Non-payment of premium; or
• Non-payment of Excess.
Please Note: The above list is not intended to be all-inclusive, rather an indication.
- Variation to Your Cover: It is important that You notify Us of any change to Your circumstances, including if You change Your address.
We reserve the right to obtain Our own assessment and valuation report in the event of any claim.
WHAT IS THE COST?
In the event that the premium is not received in full, within three (3) days from the date of Policy purchase, all Cover will cease. For further details please refer to the Cancellation section of this Policy Wording.
The premium will be calculated and provided to You at the time of purchase and will be detailed in the Policy Schedule. You may also be required to pay one-off fees in the following circumstances:
• a Cancellation Fee on cancellation of the Policy;
• a Policy transfer fee; and
• an Excess on an accepted claim.
COOLING OFF PERIOD
We understand that all customer needs are different. Accordingly as part of this Policy We offer a fourteen (14) days cooling-off period. If You should decide for any reason whatsoever that this Policy does not suit Your individual needs, You may cancel this Policy and receive a full refund as long as no claims have been lodged.
To cancel the Policy within the cooling-off period and receive a full refund, You must notify Us in writing:
by email: [email protected];
by mail: PO Box 5739 Wellesley Street Auckland 1141
To cancel Your Policy at other times, please refer to the ‘Cancellation’ section in the Policy Wording.
YOUR DUTY OF DISCLOSURE
What You must tell Us and why: When entering into a Policy of insurance with Us You must answer Our questions truthfully and You have a duty under law to tell Us anything known to You and which a reasonable person in the circumstances would include in response to Our questions. We will use Your answers to decide whether or not to insure You and anyone else named on the Policy, and on what terms We will provide Cover.
Who needs to tell Us: It is important that You understand You are answering questions for yourself and those answers will affect anyone else You want to be covered by the Policy. You have the same duty to disclose this information to Us before You extend, vary or reinstate the Policy.
If You do not tell Us: If You do not answer Our questions in this way, We may reduce or refuse to pay a claim, or cancel the Policy. If You answer Our questions fraudulently, We may refuse to pay a claim and treat the Policy as never having existed.
We agree that during the Period of Cover, should Your Product suffer Accidental Damage or Hardware Failure problems, We will elect at Our option, to repair the Product or if it is deemed a Total Loss, to provide You with a Replacement Product subject to Policy Wording terms and conditions that are provided herein.
Below are some examples of how We will repair or replace the Product under Your Premium Hardware Failure & Accidental Damage Cover Policy.
|CAUSE OF DAMAGE||RESOLUTION DESCRIPTION |
|Liquid spilled on or in unit||Repaired or unit replaced|
|Drops, falls and other similar impacts||Repaired or unit replaced|
|Electrical surge||Repaired or unit replaced|
|Damaged or broken LCD||Repaired|
|Accidental breakage (multiple pieces)||Repaired or unit replaced|
NOTE: Reasonable care is to be exercised at all times with Tablet devices such that they are in a protective cover whilst mobile.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
The information below outlines the claim limits that apply (net of Excesses) for each type of Cover under Your Premium Hardware Failure & Accidental Damage Cover.
• The Original Purchase Price must not be greater than $1,000(including GST).
• We will not accept any liability to You, or any subsequent owner of the Product, for any incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, liability or damages for the Product not being available for use, loss or corruption of data or software, personal injury, death, other indirect loss due to Product failure, or any and all incidental, indirect, special or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of the Product, even if You have advised Us of the possibility of such damages.
You must pay the applicable Excess each time You make a claim which We have accepted under the Policy. If You have more than one Product listed on Your Policy Schedule, a separate applicable Excess is payable in relation to each Product that is the subject of a claim. A repaired Product will not be returned or a Replacement Product will not be provided until the Excess is paid.
WHEN AM I COVERED?
Cover will commence on the date specified in Your Policy Schedule under ‘Period of Cover’. Your Cover will end when any of the following occurs:
• the Policy is cancelled (see section ‘Cancellation’ in this Policy Document);
• the Period of Cover expires; or
• the maximum Accidental Damage Policy benefit has been reached being the total amount of all your claims (net of Excesses) add to the Original Purchase Price.
- Cancellation by You
You may cancel this Policy at any time by advising Us in writing:
by email: [email protected]; or
by mail: PO Box 5739 Wellesley Street Auckland 1141
We will respond to You within seven (7) days of receiving Your request. If the Policy is cancelled after the cooling off period We will retain the proportionate premium for the time that Cover has been provided together with Our Cancellation Fee.
- Cancellation by Us
We may cancel this Policy by giving You notice in writing for reasons including:
• failure to comply with Your Duty of Disclosure;
• failure to comply with the conditions of this Policy;
• misrepresentation prior to entering into this Policy;
• non-payment of premium.
If We cancel Your Policy We will retain the proportionate premium for the time that Cover has been provided together with Our Cancellation Fee.
If Your Policy is cancelled by You or Us after the cooling off period, We will not refund Your premium if You have already made a claim on the Policy. All refunds for cancellations are calculated on a pro-rata basis.
Our liability under the Policy is excluded in the following circumstances:
• Any and all pre-existing conditions that occur prior to the effective date of this Cover and/or any Product sold used, damaged, or “as-is” including but not limited to floor models, demonstration models, etc;
• Product repairs that should be covered by a manufacturer’s warranty;
• Recovery or repossession of the Product for any reason whatsoever;
• Fraudulent or dishonest acts on Your or the User’s part or on the part of any of Your employees acting alone or in collusion with any other person or persons;
• You have not taken reasonable care to prevent the Accidental Damage;
• Your Accidental Damage claim cannot be reasonably proven;
• Consequential loss of any kind;
• Failure of the Product caused by mechanical or electrical breakdown not resulting from Accidental Damage;
• Any recovery or transfer of data stored on the Product. You are solely responsible for all data stored on the Product. We do not provide You any data recovery services under this Policy;
• If the Product has incurred Accidental Damage when the Product has been made available to a person other than the Insured or the User;
• The cause of the disappearance of Your Product cannot be established;
• Any damage to the Product that is cosmetic only or does not otherwise affect Product functionality;
• Under this Policy, We are not obligated to repair Wear and Tear on the Product and other superficial items, such as scratches and dents that do not materially impair Your use of the Product;
• Any Product that has been repaired or attempted to be repaired by a person other than one We designate. We will not reimburse You for any repairs that You or another person make or attempt to make to the Product or any loss or damage caused as a result of unauthorised repairs;
• The acquisition or destruction of any Product by order of any government, public or statutory authority;
• Any Tablet that is mobile and not in a protective cover that suffers damage;
• Any Product that is intentionally damaged. If We find evidence of intentional damage, We are not obligated to repair or replace the Product;
• Loss or damage caused by war, invasion or act of foreign enemy, hostilities, civil war, rebellion, riot, strike, labour disturbance, lockout, or civil commotion;
• Loss or damage due to external causes including third party actions, fire, insects, animals, exposure to weather conditions, extreme temperature, windstorm, sand, dirt, flood or acts of god;
• Loss or damage from abuse, misuse, introduction of foreign objects into the Covered Product, mechanical or electrical breakdown, unauthorized modifications or alterations to a Covered Product, failure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions;
• Cost of installation, set-up, diagnostic charges, removal or reinstallation of the Covered Product;
• Any accessories such as batteries, carrying case, power adapters of Your Product;
• Service where no problem can be found;
In the event of Accidental Damage or Hardware Failure problems to Your Product which might give rise to a claim under this Policy. You contact your local store or contact Us on 093755222 or email to [email protected] for assistance. Upon notification of a claim being lodged, You must give Us an opportunity to assess and inspect the loss or damage before any repairs or alterations are undertaken. If Your claim is accepted under the Policy, You will be required to pay the Excess applicable as outlined in this Policy Wording prior to any repairs taking place, or receiving a Replacement Product. This Policy allows for one (1) whole unit replacement for the Period of Cover selected. Where We have replaced the damaged Product, We will take possession of the damaged Product and dispose of it. Any value We are able to recover from the damaged Product will be retained by Us.
There are several responsibilities prior to sending in the Product for repair, such as: remove all data, including confidential information, proprietary information and personal information, from Your Product or, if You are unable to remove any such information, modify the information to prevent its access by another party or so that it is not personal data under applicable law; remove all features, parts, options, alterations and attachments not covered and ensure that Your Product or part is free of any legal restrictions that prevents its replacement.
ADDITIONAL CLAIMS INFORMATION
You shall at Your own expense take all reasonable precautions to prevent loss and/or damage and to comply with statutory requirements and the manufacturer’s recommendations relating to the safeguarding and operation of the Product.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I SELL THE COVERED PRODUCT?
If You sell Your Product You may transfer the Policy to the subsequent owner. You call Us on 093755222 and pay a policy transfer fee of $45 within seven days of the sale. Our total liability under the Policy is not increased as a result of any such transfer.
Pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993, please note the following information: Under this Policy, information is collected about You. The information collected is held by the Administrator and used by the Administrator, the Insurer and their contractors and agents to administer Your Policy. If You do not provide this information, We may decline Your application to take out the Policy. You have the right to access, and request correction of this information, subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 1993. If You have any questions about the information collected about You, please contact the Administrator at [email protected]
Policy Enquiries: [email protected]
Claim Lodgements: www.tsatech.co.nz / contact us
Claim Enquiries: [email protected] / 093755222